As Sioux City’s leader in women’s and children’s services, St. Luke’s knows how important it is to prepare for the birth of your newborn. We offer a variety of classes to prepare expectant parents for pregnancy, childbirth and life with baby. Most of our classes are offered throughout the year and free of charge to participants.
- Childbirth Preparation is a two-session class, covering physical and emotional aspects of pregnancy, labor and delivery and basics of baby care.
- Childbirth Preparation Express condenses our Childbirth Preparation class into a one-day session, ideal for expectant couples with busy schedules.
- New Baby Day Camp* prepares children ages 3 to 8 years for the arrival of a new baby including basic information about the birthing process and tour of where Mom will stay in The Birth Center.
- Breastfeeding Class highlights preparation, benefits, tips and problem-solving solutions for the breastfeeding mom.
- Grandbaby 101 is offered for grandparents to be, covering important topics like car seat safety, nutrition and sleeping.
*Funded by St. Luke’s Children’s Miracle Network