Wellness & Prevention
A focus on wellness and prevention now can lead to more healthy years in the future. Over half of all U.S. diseases are preventable. St. Luke’s offers a variety of resources to lead you toward better health at any life stage. Additional information is available by calling (712) 279-3636.
Events to Educate You
St. Luke’s hosts innovative classes and programs throughout the year for adults and youth of all ages. All of the events on our community calendar are designed to educate you, enhancing the health of your mind, body and spirit. Look for events on topics such as:
- Diabetes education
- Health certification courses including CPR and pediatric first aid
- Health improvement workshops and special health programs
- Kids health and safety classes
Spirit of Women
For women of all ages, Spirit of Women offers the tools and information women need to take steps toward better health. Membership in Spirit of Women offers many perks, including the opportunity join a unique sisterhood of women right here in Sioux City.
Screening and Preventive Testing
Prevention starts with you. St. Luke’s offers preventive testing and screenings to get you on a proactive path to better health. All of our preventive scans and screens are offered right on St. Luke’s campus for added convenience.
- Scans can be scheduled individually or combined into a preventive health package, personalized for a patient’s age, family history, current health concerns and prior testing. St. Luke’s offers CT Heart and Lung Scans and CT Virtual Colonoscopy.
- Screenings such as blood pressure monitoring, body composition testing, bone density and colon cancer screens and blood profiles are all available at St. Luke’s.