da Vinci Questions
da Vinci Robotic Surgery
Only you and your doctor can decide whether da Vinci® Surgery is right for you. Preparing a list of questions before your appointment will help to make sure your concerns can be addressed and help you make decisions for your health.
Talk openly and honestly with your doctor about your health, no matter the reason for your appointment.
The checklist below can be used for any doctor visit you have. Click here for a printable version.
Good Questions for Good Health
- What is my main problem?
- What do I need to do?
- Why is it important for me to do this?
Asking these questions can help you:
- Take care of your health.
- Prepare for medical tests.
- Take your medicines the right way.
Ask questions whenever you:
- See your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
- Prepare for a medical test or procedure.
- Get your medicine.
Tips for Clear Health Communication
- Remember the Ask Me 3 questions.
- Bring a friend or family member to help you during your doctor's appointment.
- Make a list of your health concerns to tell your doctor or nurse.
- Bring a list of all medicines when you visit your doctor or nurse.
- Ask your pharmacist for help when you have questions about your medicine.
Additional Questions to ask your doctor when considering robotic surgery:
- Can the procedure I need be completed using minimally invasive or robotic-assisted technology?
Not all procedures can be performed using minimally invasive technology.
- Am I a candidate for robotic surgery?
Discuss with your doctor to determine if robotic surgery is the right choice for you personally.
- What are my pre-op and post-op instructions?
- How does the recovery process differ for this procedure when it's completed in traditional surgical method or using da Vinci robotic technology?
See da Vinci at Work
Because of the enhanced high-definition 3D cameras and the dexterity and control the surgeon has with the surgical instruments, this technology can do amazing things!