What My Nurse is:
My Nurse is a free health information service for the public, sponsored by UnityPoint Health and staffed by registered nurses 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. This free service is available to help you find a doctor and get answers to all your pressing health questions.
Phone: (712) 279-3333 or Toll Free 1-800-424-3258
- Health Information
My Nurse nurses personally respond to your medical questions using health resource information and professional knowledge. By analyzing your symptoms the nurse can guide you on the proper treatment method.
- Printed Resource Material
When you call My Nurse about a health concern, our nurses can mail additional information to you as an added courtesy to further educate you on a health topic.
- Doctor Referral
If you need a doctor, we'll help you find one. Our nurses can refer you to doctors in Sioux City, Iowa or the surrounding area based upon your specific needs and community location. My Nurse can also look up nearly 800 doctors affiliated with Iowa Health System from Iowa's other major cities.
When to call My Nurse:
- If you're wondering if you should call your doctor about a health issue
- If you are a parent with a sick child
- If you're wondering if you should seek emergency care for an illness or injury
- If you're looking for a doctor
- If you just moved into your community and need healthcare direction
- If you are the caregiver for children or others
- If you have health concerns
- If you were a patient in the hospital and have questions about your recovery after returning home