Commitment to Quality
All hospitals are not created equal. At UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's, we hold ourselves to a higher standard of quality and continually strive to provide the best in care, the latest technology and a patient experience centered on you.
Exceeding Standards of Care
To track our improvement and commitment to a quality patient experience, St. Luke’s participates in multiple national programs that measure and evaluate hospital care. We’re proud to not only meet these standards but to surpass them in several instances:
- St. Luke’s goes beyond standards set by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, surpassing Iowa and National averages and scoring a perfect 100% in several areas of patient care. Read scores from our CMS report.
- In a study by the Hospital Quality Alliance, patients gave St. Luke’s a higher rating than the Iowa and National average, along with saying they would definitely recommend St. Luke’s. Read the full HCAHPS report.
- St. Luke’s voluntarily measures and reports patient satisfaction scores to improve your care. Over the past four years, our overall scores have continued to climb, reaching within three-tenths of the maximum target goal set by Press Ganey. In specific areas like ambulatory and outpatient services, we’ve surpassed that goal. View the overall report or the service-specific report.
Compare Your Hospital
Iowa hospitals and health systems have long been national leaders in public transparency of health care data. Iowa Hospital Association is now providing a consumer trusted, user-friendly, healthcare data in a "one-stop" public portal for Iowa health care consumers. Search the website to find:
- Discharge Data
- Charges (including Price Points)
- Quality and Patient Safety (including CMS scores and HCAHPS data)
- Infection Data
- Financial and Utilization Indicators
Another resource for hospital quality information is the HealthGrades website. In order to market or promote scores, hospitals must pay a fee, however patients and consumers can view the healthcare ratings free. The listing of scores is based on Medicare patient information from all hospitals.
In addition, the following resources compare St. Luke's to other hospitals in Iowa and the nation: