Talk With Your Doctor
Good Questions for Your Health
Every time you talk with a doctor, nurse, or pharmacist, use the Ask Me 3 questions to better understand your health.
Asking questions helps you understand how to stay well or to get better. You don't need to feel rushed or embarrassed if you don't understand something. You can ask your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist as many times as you need. You are not alone if you find things confusing sometimes.
Before you visit your doctor please review our checklist or download our patient brochure
(English - Spanish - French - Russian - Chinese - Arabic).
Good Questions for Good Health
- What is my main problem?
- What do I need to do?
- Why is it important for me to do this?
Asking these questions can help you:
- Take care of your health.
- Prepare for medical tests.
- Take your medicines the right way.
Ask questions whenever you:
- See your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
- Prepare for a medical test or procedure.
- Get your medicine.
Tips for Clear Health Communication
- Remember the Ask Me 3 questions.
- Bring a friend or family member to help you during your doctor's appointment.
- Make a list of your health concerns to tell your doctor or nurse.
- Bring a list of all medicines when you visit your doctor or nurse.
- Ask your pharmacist for help when you have questions about your medicine.
Learn more information about Ask Me 3