Discounts & Financial Assistance
St. Luke's Patient Account Specialists can explain hospital charges and provide information on discounts or financial assistance available to patients. Mission Health, a program exclusive to Sioux City, Iowa is designed for the uninsured or underinsured who qualify.
St. Luke's patients who may be eligible for discounts include those:
- Ineligible for benefits from HMO or other managed care plan
- Ineligible for government programs (Medicare/Medicaid)
St. Luke's discounts for the uninsured with medically necessary procedures:
- 20% discount if paid in full within 60 days of service.
- 10% discount if paid in full within six months of service plus, timely payments.
St. Luke's patients that are eligible for financial assistance include those with:
- Medically necessary healthcare services required
- Financial Information Application (FIA) and support documentation (i.e. 1040, bank statements)
- Household income less than 10 times Federal Poverty Guidelines
St. Luke's financial assistance policy includes full write-off for those with a household income less than two times Federal Poverty Guidelines and a sliding scale write-off for those with a household income between two and 10 times the Federal Poverty Guidelines.