Support St. Luke's
Ways of Giving to St. Luke’s Health Foundation
Gifts help make the difference between good care and great care. There are a number of ways you can make a gift to St. Luke’s Health Foundation that will make a lasting difference.
A legacy gift can help you leave behind something lasting and enduring to make Siouxland a healthier place now and in the future. In addition to carrying out your financial wishes, St. Luke’s can also help you with estate planning.
- Wills and trusts. By naming St. Luke’s in your will or trust, you can keep your legacy alive. You can designate these funds for a specific purpose or cause and be confident your intentions will be carried out.
- Life insurance. Life insurance policies naming St. Luke’s Health Foundation as the owner and beneficiary allow you to deduct the replacement value or cost basis of the policy (whichever is less) as long as the policy is paid in full.
- Real estate. Like gifts of appreciated securities or stocks, gifting real estate to
St. Luke’s Health Foundation may let you deduct the full, fair market value of the property as a contribution while passing by all capital tax gains.
Tribute gifts serve a dual purpose, advancing the community’s health while honoring a loved one or special celebration.
- Gift in celebration. These honor gifts can recognize a special person or mark a special occasion, including birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and graduations.
- Gift in memory. Nothing is more thoughtful than a gift that keeps giving by benefiting others. Honor and remember important loved ones, friends, colleagues or others you’ll never forget with a memorial gift.
St. Luke’s also relies on annual gifts to help maintain advances in health education, facility expansion and improving patient care. Annual and one-time gifts can be made in a few simple ways:
- Cash. Cash gifts provide St. Luke’s with necessary funding while providing significant tax benefits to you and your family. Gifts can be unrestricted or restricted to a special purpose or cause.
- Securities. Gifts of appreciated securities not only benefit St. Luke’s, but can also be very advantageous for tax reasons. If the gifted stock is one you have owned for more than one year, you may be able to deduct the full, fair market value as a contribution while bypassing all capital gains taxes.
St. Luke’s Health Foundation also makes personal calls through our telefunding program to reach donation goals. This drive can give you, as a former patient, a chance to recognize caregivers or support local medical services with a foundation gift. To set up annual, tribute or one-time gifts, simply talk to us when we call or contact us.
One of the most valuable things you can give is your time. St. Luke’s Health Foundation offers several volunteer opportunities so you can share the vision of our health system with others in Sioux City and the surrounding communities.