In the 2011 campaign year, St. Luke’s Children’s Miracle Network and your support made a difference with the following projects and services:
- $51,000 to purchase a Giraffe Omnibed that will ensure that smaller and sicker babies can stay in Sioux City and 6 cribs designed specifically to care for the tiniest newborns.
- $8,000 to Buena Vista Regional Medical Center and Horn Memorial for pediatric healthcare in their respective communities.
- $23,000 for the Direct Family Assistance Program that serves as an alternative for families in need of support when expenses fall outside of their insurance.
- $35,000 for education for families including, HEARTS (for families who lost a pregnancy or infant); Baby Weigh Clinic (provides support for brand new parents); HOPES (screens new parents and refers them to local agencies); and stocked the Ronald McDonald House Kitchen so families never have to leave the unit.
- $46,000 for pediatric patients including teddy bears for every child, updated aesthetics on the unit, comfort kits for each child, new toys for the playroom and new rocker recliners for parents.
- $40,000 on point of care testing and birthing room warmers that will increase our ability to keep the mother with their child after birth.