St. Luke’s Bomgaars Cancer Center
The 15-bed Harold and Mary Bomgaars Center for Cancer Care at St. Luke’s provides an atmosphere of positive family/patient support. Our compassionate oncology staff is here to care for both your emotional and physical needs, providing inpatient chemotherapy, hospice and medical oncology care.
One Step at a Time
A diagnosis of cancer can be difficult, so at St. Luke's we are here to comfort you with seamless, quality cancer care from the moment of diagnosis and throughout the treatment stages.
- St. Luke's Pathology and Radiology departments enable doctors to look for and diagnose cancers of the breast, prostate and skin among others in each patient.
- Many St. Luke's outpatient cancer patients are referred to the June E. Nylen Cancer Center, in Sioux City, Iowa, for off-site radiation as well as advanced diagnostic and treatment technology. Siouxland Hematology Oncology also provides chemotherapy and medical oncology on an outpatient basis at
June E. Nylen Cancer Center.
- Funded through generous donations and a significant gift from Harold and Mary Bomgaars, St. Luke's Bomgaars Center for Cancer Care provides a comfortable place to gather with loved ones during cancer treatment.
- St. Luke's Rehabilitation Services helps patients manage lymphedema, a condition that can occur in breast cancer survivors. St. Luke's physical therapists help patients manage the condition with massages, compression bandages and special exercises.
- St. Luke's Ambulatory Service Infusion Center provides treatment to hundreds of cancer patients annually, assisting with chemotherapy, blood transfusions, IV antibiotic therapy and other IV treatments.
Join our mailing list to get more information regarding St. Luke's Cancer Care services and other timely health topics or choose another way to stay connected to
The Levitt Guest Center Offers On-Site Guest Rooms
The Levitt Guest Center, located just down the hall from the Bomgaars Center for Cancer Care at St. Luke's, was created through a generous gift by Nancy Levitt Rosenthal of Sioux City in memory of her first husband, David Levitt, who died of pancreatic cancer.
This guest center offers family members quiet suites with private baths where they can rest and renew their spirits. Up to seven families can stay in the guest center at one time.
Because of Mrs. Rosenthal's significant gift, there is no charge to stay at the Levitt Center. Gifts of $20.00 or more per night are welcome, and are used to help maintain the facility so others may enjoy its proximity and comfort for years to come.
- St. Luke's Executive Wellness offers free educational information on cancer and other health issues. For more information, call the center at
(712) 279-3235 or (712) 279-8941.
- Sojourners support group for persons living with a serious or life-threatening illness meets at St. Luke's each Thursday. Call (712) 279-3373 for information.
- The June E. Nylen Cancer center offers a number of classes to offer cancer patients and their loved ones additional support. Support Groups are also available, including the After Breast Cancer Support Group, Kids Coping with Cancer, and The Leukemia Lymphoma Society. Call (712) 252-0088 for information.